Mit slægtsforskingsprojekt.

Udskriv Tilføj bogmærke



Match 1 til 50 fra 3,803

      1 2 3 4 5 ... 77» Næste»

 #   Notater   Knyttet til 

Catherine Karren, was born in Liverpool, England on August 12, 1836. Her parents were Thomas Karren and Anne Ratcliffe. Her father was a native of the Isle of Man, and her mother of the old line of the Ratcliffes of Lancashire, England, whose name was derived from the red cliffs of that locality at the time of William the Conqueror, 1066. Thomas obtained employment from Mr. Ratcliffe who was the owner of a bakery, and it was there that Thomas learned his trade as a baker. Of greater importance, it was there that he met his wife, Anne, the daughter of his employer. They were married and moved out to establish their own independent bakery. Not long after they were taught the Gospel by Elder John Taylor.

Thomas and Anne Karren were caught up in the spirit of gathering; Catherine could remember the huge packing boxes used to prepare for their trip from Liverpool to America. A six-week ocean voyage brought them to New Orleans. An additional two weeks brought them up the Mississippi to the city of Nauvoo. They arrived in April of 1844; the era in which Nauvoo was at its zenith. They met and were inspired by the Prophet Joseph and saw a beautiful flourishing city. Catherine could clearly remember hearing the Prophet Joseph despite only being seven years old. Just two months later they were shocked at the martyrdom of the Prophet and his patriarch brother, Hyrum. Catherine was old enough to recall the famous meeting in August 1844 when the mantle of the Prophet Joseph fell upon Brigham Young, clearly establishing him as the Lord’s chosen successor as President and Prophet of the Church.

Thomas and Anne were endowed at midnight just before they were forced to leave Illinois and flee with the Saints into Iowa. Catherine was just ten years old at the time of their exodus. On arriving at Council Bluffs, Iowa, they learned of the plan for establishing a Mormon Battalion. Thomas was recruited and marched off to the southwest leaving his wife Anne with five children. Catherine was the second of these five and her mother Anne was expecting the sixth child. These were very difficult times. The baby was born in a wagon box during a drenching rainstorm in Iowa.

Catherine was a great help to her mother in Iowa where they raised 500 bushels of potatoes to sell. They also sold some bakery goods. Thomas returned from his duty in the Mormon Battalion and was reunited with his family after about eighteen months' absence. He returned to them in the winter of 1847-48. In the spring they set up a bakery by the roadway leading west and were blessed in a successful business which allowed them to be outfitted for their trek westward. They arrived in Salt Lake City in 1850 and immediately were called to join with others in establishing a community south of Salt Lake. This new town, Lehi, became the permanent home of the Karren family.

Two years after Catherine's marriage, her husband, Lorenzo, was called on a mission to England. He made some provisions for his two families, but Sylvia and Catherine had to maximize their pioneer thrift in order to provide for the growing family during their husband's absence.
Lorenzo was called on a mission to Europe in 1856 with about forty other Elders. He returned in 1858. During his absence his wives, who had been well supplied with food when he left them, suffered from the lack of necessities of life because they shared with less fortunate neighbors.
Catherine and Lorenzo were blessed with eleven children. One died as a child, but the other ten lived to adulthood and reared large families and they all remained faithful in the Church. Four of their children were born in Lehi, Utah; six in Franklin, Idaho; and the eleventh was born in Woodruff, Arizona. The building of the west and the development of the church made great demands on her husband, and Catherine was separated from Lorenzo about two-thirds of their married life because of his duties as a missionary (at least five missions), Bishop, Mayors Legislator, Counselor in two Stake presidencies and Patriarch.

Her homemaking consisted of love, faith, mothering, and good housekeeping skills. She was well known as a skillful nurse. Her many skills included the ability to make clothes, candles, and soap.

Both Lorenzo and Catherine were dedicated to the gospel. Coming from a typical English family, she never questioned her tea habit. But when Brigham Young announced that the "greeting" of the Word of Wisdom should now be understood to be an absolute commandment of the Lord she put away her teapot and never took another drink of tea for the rest of her life.

Catherine was the first Relief society President of Woodruff. In those days the Relief Society functioned as doctor, undertaker, nurse, midwife, and so on. By temperament Catherine was well suited for these benevolent services. Many guests were entertained in Catherine's home including many of the General Authorities, several Apostles and Presidents John Taylor and Wilford Woodruff.

Catherine and Lorenzo were always very generous to travelers and their home was always open. On one occasion a certain Mr. Wilson stayed at the Hatch home. Catherine made him comfortable in an upstairs room and he reported that he was not feeling well. The next day Catherine brought him breakfast and was horrified to find that he had developed the classical signs of smallpox. Catherine quickly moved her family three miles away to live with neighbors. Despite tender nursing care, Mr. Wilson subsequently died from smallpox, but all of Catherine's family was spared.
Lorenzo and Catherine returned to Logan, Utah, where Sylvia was then living. Here they spent the last years of their lives in Temple work and other church activities. Catherine died 24 February 1910 and less than two months later, Lorenzo passed on. They were buried in Logan.
Karren, Catherine Anne (I133009)

Myron Tanner, son of John Tanner and Elizabeth Beswick, was born June 7, 1826 in Bolton, Warren County, New York. Myron was baptized into the Latter-day Saint Church at an early age. On Christmas Day, 1834, the family left for Kirtland, Ohio to join with the Saints in that place. Myron enlisted in the Mormon Battalion in Company "D." On the march he became ill with chills and fever, then contracted the mumps. After this seige of illness he suffered much from an abscess in his head. During the march the men were forced to carry 16 pounds of equipment and when he could not keep up any longer with his comrades, his load was put on a wagon and later he was put in the wagon on the tops of barrels. This so injured his back that he suffered for years and was never able to do manual labor. Myron was sent with the sick detachment to Pueblo and was one of the Battalion boys who came into Salt Lake Valley on the 29th of July, 1847.

In August of that year he was sent back to the Missouri River to help immigrants coming into the Valley. In 1850 he went to work in the gold mines of California. In the year 1856, Myron married Mary Jane Mount and was sent to help in the settlement of Payson. In 1860 he moved to Provo where he married Ann Crosby in 1866. He was Bishop of the Third Ward for twenty-seven years. Mr. Tanner died
January 11, 1903. - Oralie Wilkinson

Treasures of Pioneer History, Vol. 4, p. 518

Myron Tanner, born in Bolton, New York, came to Salt Lake in 1847. Later he bought the Kelton Mill and home in the northwest part of Provo and moved his family there. It was a small molasses mill and was run by the Keltons for only a short time. Myron built onto it, remodeled and improved
it and added machinery necessary for grist milling. The mill was run by water power which he secured by changing the course of a ditch and running it down Sixth West street. The mill was located just west of Sixth West and between Third and Fourth north street. This new venture proved to be a very successful one. He soon made himself familiar with the milling business, bought two new farms, and kept teams moving almost constantly for years hauling flour from Provo to Salt Lake City.

Abraham O. Smoot called on Myron and expressed a desire he put his mill into the new organization. "The factory needs the mill," he told him. It already had one, but it was President Smoot's intention to make Myron Tanner superintendent of both his own mill and the one owned by the woolen factory. The proposition was not very acceptable. Myron Tanner had business ideas that were somewhat peculiar, and he preferred to keep his own mill, which was bringing him in a large income. The desirability of the new movement was urged upon him and had become so strongly associated with the religious spirit of the
time, that it seemed almost like religious indifference to withstand the very general counsel to act in an organized manner through the medium of business corporations.

As a result, President Brigham Young decided that if Myron Tanner would exchange one-half of his mill for stock in the Provo Woolen Mills that would be satisfactory, and that he should have the privilege of managing his own mill. This proved, in a measure, a financial disaster. What, however, was as great, was the unwillingness of the new corporation to permit improvements that the progress of the milling industry absolutely demanded, and after many years of such dissatisfaction he finally sold out his share of the gristmill. During this time the mill had earned thousands of dollars for the factory, but the factory brought comparatively nothing to Myron Tanner. The old gristmill was finally sold to a Mr. Nestler who operated Provo's first and only brewery. - Marion Tanner

Our Pioneer Heritage, Vol. 14, p. 480 
Tanner, Myron (I29081)
4. WILLIAM4 DRAKE (ROBERT, NICHOLAS, NICHOLAS) was born Abt. 1342 in Great Waltham, Essex, England, and died Bef. May 02, 1420.
Child of WILLIAM DRAKE is:

5. i. EDMUND5 DRAKE, b. 1403, Great Waltham, Essex, England; d. Bef. October 17, 1471.
Drake, William (I50661)
Added by Erin Bohannon
Picture of
Added by Bill and April

Dudley Ladd
BIRTH 19 Aug 1789
Concord, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, USA
DEATH 20 Mar 1875 (aged 85)
Franklin, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, USA
Franklin Cemetery
Franklin, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, USA Add to Map
PLOT Sec D Lot 31
MEMORIAL ID 131358429 · View Source
Dudley went to Hallowell, Maine where he served an apprenticeship with his elder brother [Samuel Greenleaf Ladd] at the tinsmith trade. In 1815 he removed to Salisbury East Village, (now Franklin) where he began the manufacture of lead pipe in the old Silas (?) Eastman iron wire workshop, standing near the outlet of Webster Lake Brook, near the Clement carriage shop; his shop was carried away during one of the great freshets. He did much piping for aqueducts in this state, as well as in Vermont and Maine, and much of his work is still seen about the village of Franklin, which speaks well for his usefulness and thoroughness. When the statehouse was built at Concord, in 1818, he took the contract for the tinning of the dome, which he did from a swinging stage. While working there one cold windy day his staging caught fire and but for rare presence of mind would have burned so as to have precipitated him to the ground. In 1833 he built the residence of Edwin C. Stone, and the store; the latter was not rented for some years after its completion because he would not allow liquor sold on its premises. As a man of wealth, he erected a number of buildings and did much for the prosperity of the place. Mr. Ladd was a strong anti-slavery advocate and often secreted slaves on their way north to liberty, for which he was once arrested, but the case never went to trial. He was honorable in his dealings, a strict temperance advocate, and a devout Christian, being one of the pillars of the Congregational church erected at that place, having united with the church in 1837. He died March 20, 1875. The first stoves in aforesaid church were a gift from him, being cast at his foundry, which stood near the present Taylor foundry. He was chairman of the committee on building the church and gave personal and pecuniary aid in its alteration, about 1834. He married (1) May 21, 1823, Charlotte, daughter of Ebenezer Eastman, who died Jan. 30, 1826. Married (2) Dec 24, 1837, Amanda Palmer of Orford, who still resides at Franklin [1890]."

Source: The History of Franklin, New Hampshire, by John J. Dearborn. 1890, Manchester, NH. p. 650-651. 
Ladd, Dudley (I83229)
By 1653 John Lindsley was living in Guilford. Five days after his daughter Hannah was born, his wife, Ellen, died. On April 13, 1654, he sold his property in Guilford to William Hall and returned with his family to Branford where he married Sarah (Ware) Pond.
Excerpt from entry in John Lindsley by Kristen T.

Sarah first married Samuel Pond I, after he died she married John Linsley (Lindsley) who had married Ellen Dayton. Both Samuel Pond I and Ellen Dayton died the same year. 
Ware, Sarah Anne (I139130)
Byron Jackman was born in Salem, Utah on 23 May 1901. His parents wer e Sylvester Jackman and Mary Ann Hiatt. He was the second of five chi ldren. His siblings were Martha Elizabeth, Ellis Franklin, Clifford S ylvester, and Dale Hiatt. His family moved from Utah to Blackfoot Ida ho. His father died when he was 25 and he helped raise his younger br others. He married Mildred Matilda Samuelson, June 7, 1922 in the Sal t Lake Temple. They had 8 children, Donald Byron, Lydia Ann, Geraldin e, Alta Deawn, Kenneth Delos, Ordis Revo, Victor Martin, and Richard S . He was a dairy farmer, a school bus driver and coached many basebal l and softball teams. He passed away from Parkinsons Disease on jul y 5, 1972. He is buried in the Grove City Cemetery, Blackfoot Idaho. 
Jackman, Byron (I107559)
Caroline Rasmene Fillerup Kimball
Learn about sponsoring this memorial...
Birth: Dec. 22, 1868
Utah County
Utah, USA
Death: Nov. 11, 1953
Los Angeles County
California, USA

Daughter of Anders Peter Fillerup & Caroline Rasmussen

Married Solomon Farnham Kimball, 28 Apr 1893, Manti, Sanpete County, Utah

Children - Meriba Kimball

Family links:
Solomon Farnham Kimball (1847 - 1920)*

*Calculated relationship

Salt Lake City Cemetery
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake County
Utah, USA
Plot: Q_8_6_1W

Created by: SMSmith
Record added: Jul 24, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28504876
Fillerup, Caroline Rasmene (I80852)
Edward Milo Webb was a member of the Nauvoo, Illinois 1st Ward. (Reference: Nauvoo: Early Mormon....Series 1839-46. Platt, Lyman. 1980)

Edward labored as a missionary in Michigan. (Reference: Journal History of the Church; Feb. 4, 1840; Oct. 3, 1842; Apr. 17, 1843.)

He died July 31, 1852 while crossing the plains 
Webb, Edward Milo Sr. (I132608)
Elizabeth Kimble Stone - Stover, the daughter of William Allen Kimble and Hannah Ellis Haynes, was born on October 21, 1828 in Grayson County, Kentucky. Her paternal grandparents were Harmonius Kimble and Lydia Day. Her maternal grandparents were John Barton Haynes and Rhoda A. Huff. She was married twice.

Her first husband was William Trammel Stone, the son of Hosea Stone and 1/w Elizabeth Weedman and the grandson of William Stone and Lucy Trammel. They were the parents of the following known children born in Grayson County:
Hannah A. - b. ca 1848
John E. - b. ca 1849
Nancy E. - b. ca 1852
James Buchanan - b. 1858 - d. 1933
Rachel E. - b. ca 1862
Mary P. "Mollie" - b. ca 1864

Her second husband was Lewis Madison Stover, the son of Joseph Stover and Margaret Day of Grayson County. Elizabeth and Lewis were married there about 1868. At the time of the 1880 Census of Short Creek, Grayson County, Kentucky the Lewis M. Stover family consisted of: Lewis M., a farmer, age 40; his wife Elizabeth, a house keeper, age 51, his Stone step-children: James B., age 22; Rachel E., 18; and Mollie P., age 16; and his children: Jennie B., age 15; Annie T., age 13; and William Albert, age 10.
Jennie B. - b. 12 Jun 1865 - d. 21 May 1889
-- m. J. W. Babbitt
Annie T. - b. ca 1867
William Albert - b. 30 Sep 1869 - d. 31 Dec 1935 -- m. Lydia Emily Carter 8 Feb 1890

Elizabeth Kimble Stover died on May 20, 1893. She was buried in the Kimble Cemetery near Pilgrim Church in the Duff Community of Grayson County, Kentucky where her parents had preceded her. Lewis M. Stover died in 1910 or 1920. He was buried in the Duff Churchyard Cemetery in Duff, Grayson County, Kentucky.
Kimble, Elizabeth (I115199)
Elizabeth Partridge, youngest known child of Rev. Ralph and Patience (Bathurst) Partridge of Duxbury, Mass., bp. May 9, 1619 at Sutton-by-Dover, Kent, England. She d. June 2, 1664 at Weymouth, Mass.

Elizabeth m. 1) at Duxbury, Mass., William Kemp, who died at Duxbury before Sept. 23, 1641. They had one known child:

• i. Patience Kemp, b. at Duxbury, Mass. where she d. Oct. 29, 1676; m. Nov. 9, 1660 at Weymouth, Mass., Dr. Samuel Seabury, and had eight children at Duxbury.

On May 11, 1643 presumably at Duxbury, Mass., the widow Elizabeth (Partridge) Kemp m. 2) Rev. Thomas Thacher, s. of Rev. Peter & Anne Thacher, bapt. May 1, 1620 at Milton Clevedon, Somersetshire, England. He d. at Boston, Mass. Oct. 5, 1678, Æ 59. The children of this marriage are outlined in their father's memorial.

Revised 9/26/2015 
Partridge, Elizabeth (I114899)
Elizabeth Wight (Spowell)
Birth 1683 Boston,Suffolk,Massachusetts,USA
Death: Died March 15, 1765 in Windham,Windham,Connecticut,USA
Immediate Family:Daughter of William Spowell and Mary Pendleton
Wife of Joshua Wight Mother of Elizabeth Kingsley 
Spowell, Elizabeth (I93578)
Isabella's mother, Ann Pilkington came from a well known family. She was a descendant of Sir Alexander Pilkington. Ann was baptized at age 46, on July 22, 1841. Isabella would have been 16 years old at the time of mother's baptism. Isabella was baptized at age 23 on June 27, 1849. No doubt she was well acquainted with the young married couple Hugh and Jane Hilton who lived in their same area. Little did she realize that she would someday become Hugh's second wife.

Isabella was described as being of medium height and weight with large blue eyes and light brown hair.
Hugh, Isabella and Charles arrived in Salt Lake City in November 1850. The marriage of Hugh and Isabella was eternalized as they were sealed in the endowment house November 13, 1855. In November 1857 the Saints were shocked to hear of the impending invasion of Johnston's army. Hugh was called to go with Major Lot Smith eastward in a effort to delay the progress of the Army. While he was away their child John Hugh was born on November 17, 1857.
Hugh, Isabella and their young family moved to Virgin in November 1861. They had two large wagons which they had purchased from the army as well as a large army tent. The pioneer world of Isabella was very demanding and she developed great skills to cope with this primitive culture such as carding wool, spinning yarn, weaving cloth, making clothes, making soap and tallow candles, and weaving carpets. She also enjoyed raising flowers for both the yard and the interior of their home. Isabella was an accomplished hostess. In 1863 Isabella and Hugh had the opportunity to entertain President Brigham Young and his party as they traveled through Virgin City.
She was a good soprano singer, and participated in the ward choir. She also joined with Hugh in dramatic presentations. She was always faithful in the Church and very active in the Relief Society.
Hugh passed away 19 September 1873. Isabella died four years later on June 4, 1877. They were buried side by side and there is now a dual marker placed over their graves.
Pilkington, Isabella (I52794)
Leland Von Gardner, the third son of Ira Stephen and Mary Mecham Gardn er, was born July 22, 1920, in Vernal, Utah. He died on Normandy Beac h in France along with most of his company in the United States Army d uring World War II.

Von was a friendly, fun loving, handsome young man, who had everythin g for which to live. When he was very young he entertained everyone wi th tall stories which showed a colorful imagination. As he grew up h e became an expert swimmer, ice skater, ice hockey player, and worke d as a cowboy when not working on the farm.

He taught swimming in the army and at an earlier time saved the life o f a companion. The young man fell through the ice on Green River and V on went into the icy water and pulled him to safety at the risk of hi s own life. Von received a citation for this act of bravery.

His untimely death was felt greatly by his family; Von, taken in the p rime of his life, gave his all for his country.

[Written by his sister, Fay G. Barton] 
Gardner, Leland Von (I91181)
Isaac Bonnell, possible son to Nathaniel Bonnell of Elizabethtown, New Jersey was born around that place between 1736 and 1738. He married Grace Fox on 3 Dec. 1763 at Perth Amboy, Middlesex Co., New Jersey. Grace was the daughter of Thomas Fox and he gave her a house and other property in Perth Amboy. Life in the colony was very good for the Bonnell's because Isaac met the right people. Being an intimate friend and correspondent of Governor William Franklin, son of Benjamin Franklin, helped push his career into an appointment as Barrackmaster of the entire province of New Jersey. By June of 1775 he was then appointed Sheriff of Middlesex County by Franklin. But this period of the good life was short lived (Bio. Sketches of Loyalists of Am. Rev., by Sabine, 1864, published by Little, Brown & Co.)

Having three children, the Bonnell's decided to name their only son William Franklin Bonnell after their good friend, Gov. William Franklin; in fact they appointed Franklin as the boy's god-father. Then the Revolutionary War broke out and Gov. Franklin was imprisoned for being a loyalist. In 1776 Isaac was removed from office and by July was apprehended by order of Washington and directed by the Provincial Congress to remain at Trenton on parole after jailed for being a loyalist. During his parole he reside at Cranbury for a while and told not to leave. Gov. Franklin was released and fled to New York City, which was the British stronghold throughout the war.

Like many other colonists, Isaac did a flip-flop and took the oath not to bear allegiance to King George III which won his release. He quickly signed up in the American militia, but in that same year (1776), he joined the British army and by 1777 was a commissioned Lieutenant in the Prince of Wales American Regiment. Being a part owner in the 25 ton sloop "Lively" with Abraham Veal, Cortlandt Skinner requested its use in the army at Staten Island to carry fuel, but was later captured and lost.

Grace Bonnell suddenly died on 30 Nov. 1780 at Perth Amboy, and was buried at the Trinity Churchyard. The love, wealth and prestige was now gone from Isaac's life. The estate at Perth Amboy was spared confiscation and given to the three children, but other properties were taken and sold off by the Patriots (A.O.13:17). A house and two lots were put up for sale on 6 April 1780 in Middlesex County, New Jersey (NJ newspaper extracts 1780, p.303). Now stationed in and around New York City the Bonnell family lived as loyalist refugee's as Isaac fought many battles for his King and Great Britain. William Franklin, the last provincial governor of New Jersey was now the voice of the loyalists in NYC. By 1783 that voice changed to silence as the war ended and Franklin retreated to England and the loyalists departed New York in the biggest fleet ever to exodus the North American continent. The disputed numbers of 30,000 to 100,000 loyalists and their families headed to Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Bahamas, England, Sierra Leone, Bermuda and other remote areas of the globe. Many snuck back into the United States because living conditions were so poor or the need for family contact.

In a new book written in 1985 by Willard Randall. "Benjamin Franklin & His Son, published by Little, Brown states that "William designed the special kite and actually flew it in a dangerous storm while Ben took shelter in a hut nearby" and "was virtually the co-discoverer, with his father of electricity" (L.A. Life, Daily News - 7 April 1985).

Fleet after fleet landed in Nova Scotia throughout 1783. At first Isaac bought a small log hut with windows of greased paper and a lot of land for fifty guineas. By 1786, Isaac and his son were living in Digby, Nova Scotia already appointed Justice of the Peace and the Judge of the Common Pleas. Isaac was also a merchant and was a highly respected man and gave much to the poor and a devoted Christian. He received a small pension of 15 pounds a year until 1805. He was granted 210 pounds of his claim of just over 635 pounds; and given 30 pounds per year during the war for his loss of income as Barrackmaster (A.O.12:15, A.O. 12:63, A.O. 12:74, A.O. 12:109). His memorials of 10 Feb. 1784 and 28 May 1789 were presented in London by attorney William Taylor. His claims of loss were, 3 lots in Perth Amboy and houses, his sloop, loss of office as Sheriff and Barrackmaster and debts owed by Alexander Watson who died in British lines.

Isaac received the following land grants in and around Digby (Loyalists & Land Settlement in Nova Scotia, by Gilroy, 1937, published by NS Archives).
1784...... Digby............................ Town lot.
1796...... Digby............................ Water lot.
1800...... Digby............................ Water lot.
1801...... Digby Township............ 801 acres

On the night of the 7th. instant, Isaac Bonnell, Esq. at age 70 died at Digby, Nova Scotia having an unblemished reputation (Saint John newspaper, 10 Nov. 1806). He was buried 11 Nov. 1806 at Digby. The Executors to his estate was his son, William F. Bonnell and son-in-law Elisha Budd.

One of his daughters married Mr. Elisha Budd and the other daughter married Feb. 1793 to William C. Tonge, Esq., she having already died by 1806 leaving one child. William Franklin Bonnell had a son who bore the same name as he and in 1861 became the first Postmaster of Gagetown, New Brunswick, Canada., Created by: Brian McConnell UE, Record added: Oct 15, 2015, Find A Grave Memorial# 153734347
United Empire Loyalist. Born in New Jersey, served as Lieutenant in Prince of Wales Regiment. Evacuated at end of war from New York to Digby. Served as Justice of Peace and Judge of the Common Pleas.

The following Tribute is transcribed on the monument in Trinity Cemetery:
"If useful life through long protracted years,
In unassuming worth have claim to praise,
If praise is due to him whose liberal hand
Gave bread and raiment to the laboring poor,
If wealth diffused with just and liberal hand
The glow of pious gratitude demand,
Then sure the sacred ashes buried here,
Deserve the tribute of a grateful tear."
(Research):Daniel F Johnson's New Brunswick Newspaper Vital Statistics
Daniel F. Johnson : Volume 1 Number 790
Date December 29 1806
County Saint John
Place Saint John
Newspaper The Saint John Gazette
Est. Isaac BONNELL, Digby, N.S.; Exec. Wm. F. BONNELL, Elisha BUDD. NBRG 
Bonnell, Lieut. Isaac (I1950)
Mary Pearce Ballantyne
Learn about sponsoring this memorial...
Birth: Oct. 1, 1828
Greater London, England
Death: Nov. 26, 1912
Salt Lake County
Utah, USA

Daughter of Edward Pearce & Elizabeth Bennett

Married Richard Ballantyne, 27 Nov 1855, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, Utah

Children - Zechariah Ballantyne, Jane Susannah Ballantyne, Heber Charles Ballantyne, Eliza Ann Ballantyne, Mary Elizabeth Ballantyne, James Edward Ballantyne

Family links:
Edward Pearce (1801 - 1864)
Elizabeth Bennett Pearce (1806 - 1862)

Richard Ballantyne (1817 - 1898)

Zechariah Ballantyne (1857 - 1933)*
Mary Elizabeth Ballantyne Farr (1858 - 1942)*
Jane Susannah Ballantyne Anderson (1861 - 1939)*
James Edward Ballantyne (1863 - 1948)*
Eliza Ann Ballantyne Garner (1866 - 1916)*

Mary Pearce Ballantyne (1828 - 1912)
Charles Pearce (1833 - 1901)*
Esther Pearce Lindsay (1835 - 1913)*
Edward Pearce (1837 - 1913)*
Eliza Pearce Pickering (1839 - 1913)*
William Pearce (1841 - 1923)*
Sarah Pearce Fowler (1845 - 1914)*

*Calculated relationship

Ogden City Cemetery
Weber County
Utah, USA
Plot: A-6-2-3E1

Created by: SMSmith
Record added: Dec 04, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 23241264 
Pearce, Mary (I89369)
MY BELOVED FATHER DALE IRA GARDNER passed away on Friday, June 12, 2009, at his home at Leisure Pointe in San Bernardino.

Dale was born February 3, 1915, in Fort Duchesne, Utah. He was one of 10 children born to Ira & Mary Gardner. He is survived by his sister, Lamar Smith of Utah; son, Gary Dale Gardner; daughter in law, Paula Gardner; granddaughters, Virginia Gouin & Andrea Symons; his great granddaughters, Danni Gardner Symons & Franki Symons; great grandson, Hunter Gary Gouin. He is also survived by the extended Familia of Cecilia Montorroso, who cared for him, when he needed it the most.

Dale was a decorated Army Veteran of World War Two, who served his country, along with all five of his brothers, a loving husband to Jennie Paladino Gardner for 48 years, and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Dale grew up on a ranch in Jensen Utah and worked as a cowboy in her early years. He was Lather & and a Lathing Contractor in the Inland Empire for over 35 years.

He was a resident of San Bernardino for over 60 years. Dale loved the outdoors, deep sea & lake fishing, deer hunting, and was an Anaheim Angels, L.A. Lakers & San Francisco 49er fan, as well as a big USC football fan. Dale would speak often of going to USC football games, when Howard Jones was the coach in the late 1930's & early 1940's and walking up to the gate on a Saturday afternoon at the last minute and getting a good seat at the Coliseum.

Dale was the greatest Father that a son could have, and earned the respect of all that knew him well. He was loved and will be missed by all, especially by his son, Gary.

Visitation will be from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday, 6/17/2009, at Mt. View Mortuary & Cemetery at 570 E. Highland Ave., San Bernardino, CA, with Funeral Services at 10:00 A.M. on Thursday 6/18/2009, at Mt. View.

Published in San Bernardino Sun on June 16, 2009

MY BELOVED FATHER DALE IRA GARDNER passed away on Friday, June 12, 200
9, at his home at Leisure Pointe in San Bernardino.

Dale was born February 3, 1915, in Fort Duchesne, Utah. He was one o f 10 children born to Ira & Mary Gardner. He is survived by his sister , Lamar Smith of Utah; son, Gary Dale Gardner; daughter in law, Paul a Gardner; granddaughters, Virginia Gouin & Andrea Symons; his great g randdaughters, Danni Gardner Symons & Franki Symons; great grandson, H unter Gary Gouin. He is also survived by the extended Familia of Cecil ia Montorroso, who cared for him, when he needed it the most.

Dale was a decorated Army Veteran of World War Two, who served his cou ntry, along with all five of his brothers, a loving husband to Jenni e Paladino Gardner for 48 years, and a member of the Church of Jesus C hrist of Latter Day Saints.

Dale grew up on a ranch in Jensen Utah and worked as a cowboy in her e arly years. He was Lather & and a Lathing Contractor in the Inland Emp ire for over 35 years.

He was a resident of San Bernardino for over 60 years. Dale loved th e outdoors, deep sea & lake fishing, deer hunting, and was an Anahei m Angels, L.A. Lakers & San Francisco 49er fan, as well as a big USC f ootball fan. Dale would speak often of going to USC football games, wh en Howard Jones was the coach in the late 1930's & early 1940's and wa lking up to the gate on a Saturday afternoon at the last minute and ge tting a good seat at the Coliseum.

Dale was the greatest Father that a son could have, and earned the res pect of all that knew him well. He was loved and will be missed by all , especially by his son, Gary.

Visitation will be from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. on Wednesday, 6/17/2009 , at Mt. View Mortuary & Cemetery at 570 E. Highland Ave., San Bernard ino, CA, with Funeral Services at 10:00 A.M. on Thursday 6/18/2009, a t Mt. View.

Published in San Bernardino Sun on June 16, 2009 er&pid=128505548&fhid=2527 
Gardner, Dale Ira (I92814)
Name: Elizabeth MYRTLE
Marriage 1 Robert HAMMOND Married: 22 OCT 1559 in Lawshall, Suffolk, England
Margaret HAMMOND c: 7 NOV 1563 in Lawshall, Suffolk, England
Elizabeth HAMMOND c: 27 MAY 1564 in Lawshall, Suffolk, England
William HAMMOND c: 30 NOV 1564 in Lawshall, Suffolk, England
Myrtle, Elizabeth (I58727)
PAF - RIN: 17495.

THE MOB’S THREAT - “Make your Will before you come.”

One cold wintry day in February, an unexpected knock came at the door. When Peter opened it, a sober hard faced messenger stood before him and handed him a note. He flatly refused to come in, but said he was supposed to wait for an answer.

When Peter opened it, he found that it was a threatening note from the leader of the mob. The mob was a mixture of men from Missouri and Illinois that were stirred up with hatred toward Mormons. A newspaper in Warsaw, Illinois had been printing falsehoods and stirring up the people against them.

The note he had received said that if he were not out of his home before three days time, the mob would burn his house down over his head. Peter was fuming as he read this intimidating letter. His face turned red with anger and he clenched his fist as he eyed the messenger standing at the door. This man had asked to take back a message. So this was what it had come down to.

Peter Wilson Conover and his family had joined the church in May of 1840 after hearing a sermon by a missionary in Illinois. He had no doubt what he heard was true the first day he listened to the gospel. Because of his military experience in the Illinois Militia, he had been given the opportunity to be one of the bodyguards for the Prophet Joseph Smith and had even asked to go with him to Carthage to protect him. But Joseph had refused his protection and told him to stay with his family. So Peter reluctantly stayed behind, wishing he could have been able to help in some way. If he had gone, then he would have been killed along with the others. They had been shot in cold-blood. No one had laid a finger to help them.

Peter shook his head in anger and quickly grabbed a sheet of paper and sat down at his desk to write his reply. He was not about to be intimidated.

He wrote in bold letters: “Come right along, but make your Will before you come, for as sure as my gun will fire, I will kill you and your mob!”

Feeling satisfied with his note, Peter handed it to the messenger. When they made eye contact, the messenger could see the anger in Peter’s eyes. Without another word, he took the note and abruptly turned and left.

Peter’s wife was with child at the time and was due in May. He could not risk her life or the lives of his children. So after the messenger left with the note, Peter packed up his wife and children and sent them to Nauvoo to be safe while he waited for the mob. He was not about to be threatened and he was angry. No mob was going to push him out of his home. He had heard the mobs were attacking the residents outside of Nauvoo, burning down homes and fields. Since there wasn’t anyone close to defend the small settlements, they could do as they pleased. They were such cowards.

Peter tucked his family into the wagon, said his goodbyes and assured them that he would be fine. After they drove off, Peter got his rifle and ammunition ready and then waited. He did odd jobs around the farm to kill time. After a week passed, no one showed up. But he still waited. After two weeks, no one appeared. When the mob did not arrive after three whole weeks, Peter was satisfied. He was not about to be pushed around. Now, of his own choice, he saddled up his horse and belongings so he could leave and be with his family in Nauvoo.

As he rode off, he turned around in his saddle and looked at his home. He knew they would never return to his 160-acre farm and the house he had built. He had to be strong for his family when he told them they would never return again.

Peter and his family had given up all they owned because of their religious beliefs and because they did not deny what they knew to be true. Joseph Smith was his friend and a Prophet of God. He would not deny this. What were worldly possessions compared to eternal life?

He was ready to fight for the gospel if that was what it took. He knew the next step was to move west. They would begin again in a new part of the country, a place of freedom, where they could worship as they pleased and not be persecuted for their beliefs. Looking at his home for the last time, his attitude was one of courage and faithfulness. His belief in the church and Joseph Smith was strong.

Peter nudged his horse toward Nauvoo, knowing that he would do what God asked of him, even if they had to abandon their home and land.
Conover, Peter Wilson (I103132)
Peter Yarnall
Birthdate: January 1750
Birthplace: Schuylkill Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, United States
Death: September 01, 1812 (56)
Pennsylvania, United States
Immediate Family:
Son of Francis Yarnall and Mary Yarnall
Husband of Mary
Father of Isaac Yarnall; Mordecai Yarnall; Polly Yarnall; Jesse Yarnall; Hannah Yarnall; Phoebe Yarnall and David Elijah Yarnall « less
Brother of Ellen Yarnall; Alice Yarnall; Mordecai Yarnall; Francis Yarnall; Hannah Hughes; Isaac Yarnall; Jesse Yarnall; Rachel Penrose; Mary Lincoln and Anne Lincoln « less
Half brother of Alice Yarnall and Hannah Hughes 
Yarnall, Peter (I139164)
Revolutionary soldier (rwlisT(
2nd wife Sarah___
Known children:

Family links:
Jemima Riggs (____ - 1833)*

Ebenezer Bradford Riggs (1796 - 1857)*

*Calculated relationship

A Soldier of the Revolution.

Note: Age 87.7.11; Husband of Jemima____. 
Riggs, Zenas (I1990)
The birth of William Angel is included in Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Vol. 23: John Howland book (part 1, page 63).

This series of book is considered the authoritative source of all Mayflower lineages through the 6th generation. So anything included in these books will be accepted by The Mayflower Society, and no further documentation will be needed to prove what is provided in these books.
Parents James Angell and Mary Brown 
Angell, William I (I60758)
The life of Ann Long Woodhouse followed a path similar to many pioneers of her generation who were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She accepted the message of the Restoration in England and emigrated to America to join the Latter-day Saints in the Valley of the Great Salt Lake. Also, as with many of her time, her life was touched by the early deaths of her husband and three of her children. When her husband died in St. Louis, she pressed forward with her dream of living among the Latter-day Saints in the Utah Territory. While few details are known about her life, her obituary says that she lived the life of a faithful Latter-day Saint. In the face of trials, grief, and challenges, she carried on and kept the faith.


• Born on 23 October 1806 in Mexborough, Yorkshire, England. She was the 9th of 11 children of John Long (b. 1750) and Hannah Shaw (b. 1762).
• Married Charles Woodhouse on 6 October 1829 in Bawtry, England. They lived in Adwick le Street, a small town near Doncaster, England.
• She gave birth to the following children: John (b. 1830), Charles Chambers (b. 1832), Amelia (b. 1834), Joel Silverwood (b. 1836 and died in 1837), Ann (b. 1838), Sarah (b. 1843 and died in 1853), Norman (b. 1846 and died in 1851), and Mary Ellen (b. 1848).
• Joined the Church (probably in 1849) after her oldest son, John, was baptized in May 1849. His journal says that his mother was baptized soon after, followed by his siblings, and then by his father.
• Traveled with other Saints on ship, Ellen, from England (Liverpool) to New Orleans from 6 January 1851 to 14 March 1851.
• They traveled by river boat from New Orleans to St. Louis, arriving there on 21 March 1851.
• After arriving in St. Louis, they were out of money and stayed in that area to work and save money. Charles worked as a tailor and as a musician playing a violin for dances.
• Charles Woodhouse, her husband, died from accidental drowning in the St. Louis/Quincy area.
• She traveled west with her children and company of Saints led by Hyrum and James Jepson. They arrived in Salt Lake on 10 September 1852 after a three-month journey across the plains.
• Her ten-year-old daughter, Sarah, died of pneumonia in January of 1853.
• Married Levi Savage Sr. on 18 February 1855 in the Endowment House in Salt Lake City. They were later divorced.
• Married Chandler Holbrook on 3 December 1859 in Salt Lake City in the Endowment House by President Brigham Young.
• She was asked by Brigham Young to move to Cove Fort to help teach Indian women how to prepare food, learn to sew, etc. The venture was not very successful, so she went on to St. George.
• In the 1870 census, she was shown as living in Salt Lake City working as a seamstress and housekeeper.
• She moved back to Lehi for a short period of time and then moved to Beaver City where she lived with her daughter, Mary Ellen.
• Died on 25 April 1887 in Beaver, Utah and is buried in the Mountain View cemetery, Beaver, Utah.

NOTE: The above life sketch was taken from the book Remembering Our Roots, Volume 2: The Biographies of Bessie Janet Kirkham Lemon and Her Ancestors by Douglas K. Lemon. A narrative life story of this person (including selected photographs) is available in that book. The book has been submitted to the Family History Library and may be available by mid-2019 under the SEARCH/CATALOG function at


On Ann's birth/baptism record it says she is the daughter of John Long - a 'Cordwainer' by trade. 'Cordwainer' is the English term for a shoemaker who makes shoes from new leather. 
Long, Ann (I132479)
til Bjørnholm
Rosenkrantz, Niels Eriksen (I109752)
Vonda Dean Sorensen, 89, of Rigby, died Tuesday, September 23, 2014 a t her home.

She was born November 5, 1924, in Annis to Harvey Killian and Lavon Ha rdcastle Killian. She was raised and attended schools in Camas and gra duated from Hamer High School. On July 22, 1944 she married H.C. Soren sen in Sparta, Wisconsin.

Vonda worked as Postmistress in Camas, and was a legal secretary whil e living in Boise. She was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of L atter-day Saints and a member of the Elk’s Lodge. She enjoyed reading , crossword puzzles, golfing at Jefferson Hills. Above all she enjoye d spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren.

She is survived by her daughters, Cheryl (Randy) Coy, of Winnemucca, N evada, Jennie (Jef) Dudley, of Inkom, sons, Mark (Marilyn) Sorensen, o f Elko, Nevada, Pete (Linda) Sorensen, of Firth, Jerry (Kelly) Sorense n, of Rigby, brother, Harvey “Buzzy” Killian, of Idaho Falls, 18 grand children and 40 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and 1 brother, 2 gr andchildren and 5 great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held Friday, September 26, 2014, at 1:00 p.m . at Eckersell Memorial Chapel. The family will receive friends from 1 1:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., prior to services at the funeral home. Buria l will be in the Annis Little Butte Cemetery. 
Killian, Vonda Dean (I77913)
When Leonard Douglas Ericksen was born on March 14, 1913, in Murray, U tah, his father, Leonard, was 24 and his mother, Jenette, was 23. He m arried Mildred Arbarilla Hansen on June 3, 1935. He died on August 15 , 1987, in Bountiful, Utah, at the age of 74, and was buried in Americ an Fork, Utah. 
Ericksen, Leonard Douglas (I126357)
When Leonard Ericksen was born on April 20, 1888, in Sanpete County, U tah, his father, Hans, was 43 and his mother, Ane, was 42. He marrie d Jenette Staples and they had three children together. He then marrie d Jennie Staples on February 18, 1911, in Salt Lake City, Utah. He die d on March 24, 1960, in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the age of 71, and wa s buried in Bountiful, Utah. 
Ericksen, Leonard (I69081)
27   Pierce, Marvin (I98645)
28 died at 11:15 P.M. after being a patient for several weeks at General Hospital.  Possio, Maria Francesca (I51748)
29 !. Ehe mit Susanna Schmidt. Ist zum Zeitpunkt des Todes 37J.altgewesen.
Müller, Andreas (I125102)
30 !1. Ehe mit Anna Rosalia Seiffert
2. Ehe mit Elenora Weber ( 10 Feb 1846)
28 Jahre , Vater: Joseph Weber
Heidrich, Francicus (I21033)
31 Mindst én nulevende eller privat person er knyttet til denne note - Detaljer er udeladt.  Sundermann, Lars (I3006)
32 !BIRTH/MARR/DEATH: Bunnell Family Records compiled by William R.Austin, dated 19 July 1991. In this record it states that he was a very prominent man in the civil and military affairs of Elizabethtown, Essex, NJ. Among other things, he was: Captain of the militia 1718 - 1725 Commission from Gov. Carteret Major 1727 - 1730 Justice of the Peace for the county for 7 years One of the justices of the court of common pleas at Elizabethtown in 1724, Repeatedly selected to represent the town in the General Assembly from 1716 to 1743. 1738 chosen as Speaker 1738 appointed Judge of the Supreme Court etc..... His will was proved 22 March 1747/8. His will may suggest that he learned and carried on the trade of a weaver.

Epitaph on gravestone:

Who knew him living must lament him dead
Whose corpse beneath this vervent turf is laid
Bonnel in private life and public trust
Was life and kind, was generous and just
In vertues rigid path unmoved he trod
To self impartial pious to his God
Religious patron and a patriot true
A general good and private blessing too
What Bonnel was and what his vertues were
The Resurrection Day will best declare.

Created by: R Schuerer
Record added: Apr 17, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 18986217 
Bonnell, Major Joseph (I3401)
33 " My sister, Blyth loved working with children. She went swimming in Utah lake and got a form of blood poisoning from a blister that became infected on her foot causing her death. She was a wonderful, kind person with a very good heart."  Hatch, Blyth (I61912)
34 " April 30th, 1720, Thomas Ingersoll of Springfield hath entered his intentions of marriage with Ruth Child of Watertown and ye publishment. Thomas Ingersoll of Springfield and Ruth Child of Watertown were married May 17th, 1720." {Springfield Becords.)  Church, Ruth (I53470)
35 "Active church worker. Assisted in bringing immigrants to Utah.
Freighted carding mill across the country to Brigham Fort and erect it in 1863. Farmer and fruit grower." - See Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah 
Lehmann, Johannes John (I81232)
36 "Age 24 yrs 7 mos.

Note: This marker is in the farthest section of the cemetery. These graves were moved from the original Wells River Village cemetery after this cemetery was opened in 1867. Some stones are not legible." 
Allen, James Sabin (I122966)
37 "Americana, Volume 10: Some Heroic Women of the Revolution", pg 896-9: "Susanna Keith - The picture of this courageous woman, though inanimate, seems in the strength and beauty of the features to tell the story of a useful life more perfectly than can any written words. The picture has an especial interest for the writer [J.C. Pumpelly because it was loaned to him by his much esteemed friend and compatriot, Mary Vanderpoel, the granddaughter of Susanna Keith and the regent of the Mary Washington Colonial Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Susanna Keith was the daughter of Captain Joseph Keith of Taunton, Massachusetts, and she came honestly by her fighting blood, for her grandfather on her mother's side was Captain Benjamin Williams, who commanded a company in Colonel Thomas's regiemnt and took part in the bloody battles of Lake George and Crown Point. It was destined that little Susanna Keith should save old Taunton town by her quick wit, from the savages of the British when in 1776, they were marching down from Concord to forage in the name of the crown. The story of this episode has been so well told by Mrs. Julia Hubbell Treat, historian of the chapter of which Miss Vanderpoel is regent, in a poem called "a Tale of Taunton Town," that I give it here in full.
A Tale of Taunton Town.
The news was flying through Taunton Town,
'To-morrow, the British are marching down
To Concord, for forage in name of the Crown.
Lescinton first may be their goal,
Up, up! ye captains, and call the roll
And gather the men from meadow and knoll.
Now who is this who hither runs?
'Tis Captain Keith, and his stalwart sons
Are just behind, with their swords and guns.
'Muster the men,' the Captain cries,
As the summons about the village flies,
'Or the English will take us by surprise!'
They left the mill, the loom, the plough,
They heeded not the lowing cow,
The only thought for them, was how
By road and forest, hill and dale,
They'd soonest reach the peaceful vale,
Ere long to echo with the wail
Of wife bereft, of sonless sire,
Of tramp of redcoats coming nigher,
And call of 'Steady men, now fire!'
To the powder-house with one accord
They rushed to view their cherished hoard
Of shot and powder, gun and sword.
But oh, alas, for their hope and fear!
Three charges only, for each appear!
What news, for valorous men to hear!
The women had followed with faces pale;
Though brave as the men they did not quail;
And the children's courage too did not fail
For out stepped little Susanna Keith
Wither kerchief and cap, and eyes beneath
Swimming with tears, but not of grief.
'I know a way, my father,' she said,
Drooping a little her dainty head;
'Come all with me;' and away she sped.
To her father's house upon the green---
As fine a house as e'er was seen---
With leaded window, and pillars between.
To the dresser she led the gaping crowd:
'There are your bullets!' she cried so proud
That her childish voice range clear and loud.
Upon the shelves stood the pewter plates
With coats-of-arms, and early dates
Of sixteen twenty and thirty, mates
Of teapot, and creamer, pitcher, and bowl.
All were perfect, and bright, and whole,
Stamped with a unicorn, 'cheek by jowl.'
The pride of the house, the dower which came
To Captain Keith's fair stately dame,
Descended fro fam'ly of noble name.
All turned to the mistress in great surprise--
'Take them!' she said, with bright, flashing eyes,
'Thank God for a child so brave ans wise!'
The cheers went up from the men until
The rafters rung, and then with a will
They melted the pewter, the moulds to fill.
All through the night, till the glimmering day
They worked, and the child worked hard as they,
Till their pouches were full, and they marched away.
So this is the tale of Susanna Keith,
In honor of whom I lay this wreath
Of humble verse, on her grave beneath
The Taunton skies, by the river fair,
Near the ancient house still standing there,
To tell what a child may do and dare!
For she lived, and wedded in Taunton Town,
And sent her brave blood coursing down
Through the veins of many of fair renown
Till her grand daughter's child, with eyes as blue,
And spirit as earnest, and purpose as true,
Is, my friends, your Regent, now looking at you!"
(Copyright, 1915, by the National Americana Society, The Library of the University of Michigan) 
Keith, Susannah (I41434)
38 "Born April 17, 1925 to William Anson and Lila Margaret Mitchell Hatch in Provo. She was educated in Provo.

She married Rex Eugene Nielsen Nov 12, 1942 in the Salt Lake Temple and they were blessed with four daughters. Gene died March 2, 1974. Margaret married Dee Sparks June 29, 1979 and he died May 21, 2005. She had a great love for both of her families. She was active in many positions in the LDS Church. She loved to sing and directed many choirs and was always involved in music."
-Taken from her obituary 
Hatch, Margaret Lila (I61858)
39 "Finley" was the name of the hospital in Dubuque where Howard was born. Coincidence?  Steenberg, Howard Finley (I138295)
40 "He (James Pike) married as his second wife, 23 May, 1700 in New(bury), Ma. Sarah, daughter of Onesephorus and Hannah (Cutler) Marsh of Hingham, Ma.."

Ruth G. Pike, Lexington, MA, 1990
Some Descendants of James Pike of Charlestown and Reading, Massachusetts, and The Times in Which They Lived, p.9. 
Marsh, Sarah (I121540)
41 "Heart Throbs of the West," Volume 12, “Pioneer Furniture Their Pioneer Homes” reports that “Hans Jorgensen--Accompanied by his wife, Maren Kristina, left Denmark, December 10, 1852, to join their lot with the Saints in Utah. His wife died (just before the ship got to) New Orleans and he then made preparations to join the company, who under the leadership of John Forsgren, were going to the Valley of the Great Salt Lake. While on this journey he met and married Dorthea Christensen, July 4, 1853, at Council Bluffs. They resumed their journey reaching Salt Lake City, October 1, 1853. Here they built a dugout where they lived in Salt Lake for two and a half years, then moved to Brigham City where they lived nine years. On April 18, 1865, the Jorgensen family moved to Logan.”  Pedersdatter, Maren Kirstine (I107776)
42 "Henry Samson was born in Henlow, co. Bedford, England, and came on the Mayflower at the age of about 17 with his uncle and aunt, Edward and Ann (Cooper) Tilley. He married Ann Plummer in 1635/6 at Plymouth, became a freeman in Plymouth around that time,  Samson, Henry (I119030)
43 "I aim to have my life worn out, not rusted out."

--Isaac Van Wagoner Carling

Passed Away

Word has been received here of the death of an old and very much revered form resident of Fillmore, Mr. Isaac V. Carling of Orderville, Kane Co. Mr. Carling has always been a true Latter-Day Saint and in his younger days when he lived here, obtained by convertion, many a member for the faith in which he so firmly believed. He was 79 years of age at the time of his decease which took place on May 24th last and is a brother of A. F. Carling and Katherine Brunson of Fillmore.

Hello -- This is my great-great grandfather. Here are obituaries for him.

Thanks for posting them... Judy Borup

Obituary -- Deseret News, 19 June 1911 - pg. 11, col. 3

CARLING, ISAAC - Funeral services were held over the remains of Isaac Carling at Orderville, Utah, May 25, 1911, at 2 p.m. He died at the age of 79 years, 5 months, and 24 days, on the 24th of May, 1911, of Bright's disease [chronic inflammation of the kidneys]. He was born Nov. 30, 1831, at Klinespur, Ulster Co., New York. With his parents, John and Emmeline Carling, he emigrated to Utah in the year of 1852, and settled in Provo, but was called to Fillmore in 1853 to assist in the settlement of the southern Utah. He was married to Azenath Browning of Ogden and later to Miriam E. Hodson. Moved to Long Valley in 1875. He passed through the trials with the Saints at Nauvoo, crossing the plains, and settling up a new country, but he proved faithful to the end, always bearing a strong testimony to youth of Zion. It was his privilege and pleasure to meet and get acquainted with every president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, from the Prophet Joseph Smith to Joseph F. Smith. He heard many prophecies. Both his wives and five children have passed on before him. He was the father of 16 children. He leaves 11 children, 84 grandchildren and 63 great grand-children, with hosts of friends; also one brother and one sister.(4)

Obituary -- Kane County News

Isaac VanWagoner Carling died May 24, 1911 at 1:35 p.m. of kidney trouble. He had been ailing for some time, but kept on as usual at his work, expressing a determination that his life should end worn out not rusted out. He was confined to his bed May 15th, and suffered continuously until death. He was born Nov. 30th 1831 in Klinesopur, Ulster County, New York.

The funeral services were held May 25, 1911 at 2 p.m. in the Orderville meeting house. Much credit is due the club who decorated the house so beautifully. Bro. Carling's favorite flower, the Sego Lily, being the main flower in decoration, and wreath on the casket was artificial Sego Lillies. The singing was very appropriate.

The speakers were Fred W. Heaton, H.O. Spencer, Bp. Hans Sorenson of Mt. Carmel, Aldred Meeks, David Esplin, Melvin Luke, and Bp. Henry W. Esplin. All spoke of the sterling qualities of the deceased; of his nine daughters and two sons living -- five daughters were with him in his last hours, the others being too far away to get here.

Hobbies: dancing with his wife, while his son, Isaac accompanied them on violin 
Carling, Isaac Van Wagoner Sr (I132592)
44 "Illinois Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916–1947." Index. FamilySearch, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2010. Index entries derived from digital copies of original records. Kilde (S210)
45 "Johannes OPDYCK, son of Louris Jansen OP DYCK, born 1651, died 1729.
He accompanied his father upon his emigration to the new world, and subsequently was a planter at Dutch Kills, Long Island, and in Maidenhead and Hopewell, New Jersey, deriving therefrom a lucrative livelihood.
He removed to New Jersey in 1697, becoming the owner of two hundred and fifty acres of land above the falls of Delware. In May or June of that year he moved his family in carts and wagons, and settled in Lawrence township, near Lawrenceville, and July 12 purchased thirteen hundred acres, extending one and three-eigths miles north and south and two miles east and west, including the present site of the borough of Pennington, New Jersey. While residing in Hopewell he, with others, founded the Baptist Church. His wife, Catherine OPDYCK, bore him the following children: Tayntie, married Enoch ANDRUS, a land owner in Trenton, New Jersey, who gave one hundred and fifty square feet of land for the first Presbyterian church of Trenton, long called Anderson Meeting House, April 10, 1727; she died 1741. Engeltie, married Joshua Anderson, of Maidenhead; she died 1741. Annettie, married Cornelius Anderson, of Maidenhead; she died 1746. Lawrence, see forward. Albert, born 1685, died 1752; he married Elizabeth (???) and resided in Hopewell and Maidenhead, New Jersey. (???), died 1730. Bartholomew, a resident of Maidenhead, New Jersey." From the "Genealogical and Personal Memorial of Mercer County, New Jersey" under the editorial supervision of Francis Bazley Lee. 
Opdike, Johnannes Lawrenson (I74020)
46 "John English, master mariner, was a typical English seaman during the time of iron men and wooden ships, when Britannia ruled the waves and the sun never set on the British Empire. Born of a family of surgeons, his father, William, and his grandfather, Thomas, were both practicing surgeons in South Blyth, Northumberland. John was expected to follow in their footsteps, but his heart was at sea, and as a lad he shipped before the mast as a cabin boy and worked his way up through the ranks until he was a Sea Captain in the mighty merchant fleet of Great Britain.
" July 15, 1849 John died the night following his boarding the ship in Amsterdam, Holland, and was buried at sea."
(from ANN ENGLISH GARDNER Excerpts of story by Merrill Gardner Utley, Source: Gardner Book of Remembrance - Page 38 - Compiled by C. Fern Burrell 1977, which is in John's Memories section.) 
English, Captain John (I53928)
47 "John Young was one of the first names that appear in the recored, 1638. He was born in Devonshire, England, and when he first arrived in Massachusetts he lived in Salem. He then moved to the Merrimack River Valley.
March 19, 1627/28 the Plymouth Council granted a patent, with others, of a batch of land 3 miles north of the Merrimack River and 3 miles south of the Charles River Massachusetts. The patent was 60 miles wide and although the group did not know it, the length was 3000 miles to the Pacific Ocean!" -William Scott in his "The Young Family of the Merrimac Valley and the Direct Line of Descent to Elizabeth Young Scott"
"A newspaper clipping indicates that John came to this county in 1638, (Charleston, Mass.) and is on record as one of those who followed in the Winthrop migration." -"The Young Family Workbook Mid 1600s to 1991 Ancestors and Descendants of Gideon and Jemima Cilley Young" compiled by Donald L. Young, Isabel Morse Maresh and Jacqueline J. Watts of Lincolnville, Maine, 
Young, John (I142659)
48 "Married at sixteen, Eliza Ann remained faithful while being torn between a husband who served several missions from 1836 to 1854 and a father to whom the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was a mystery. "She experienced Nauvoo, was endowed in  Boggess, Eliza Ann (I112222)
49 "Mayflower Families Through Five Generations" Volume Sixteen, Part 1
John Alden Published by General Society of Mayflower Descendants pp. 59-61
Mercy Pabodie
MERCY PABODIE (Elizabeth2 Alden, John) was born at Duxbury, 2 January 1649[/50] (VR, 114; MD, 1:163); died between 26 September (will) and 8 November 1728 (probate).
Mercy married at Duxbury, 16 November 1669 (VR, 282; MD, 8:232), JOHN SIMMONS, son of Moses and Sarah (----) Simmons/Simonson, born say 1651 (Great Migration Begins, 3:1681-83); died before 9 February 1715/16 (appointment of administratrix). Moses Simmons, who came on the Fortune in 1621, named his son John in his will of 17 June 1689 (Plymouth Co PR, #18,375, 1:106; MD, 31:60). John was brother to Mary Simmons who married Mercy's uncle Joseph2 Alden (No. 4). On 7 April 1695 John Simons, Aaron Simons, and Job Simons "Sons of Moses Simons" divided property inherited from their father's will (Plymouth Co PR, #18,375, 3:44).
John Simmons served on the jury that held an inquest into the death of David Standish of Duxbury at the Plymouth County court of 26 October 1686. The jury concluded that Standish had died when a small tree he had been cutting fell on him. In March 1692 Simmons was on a jury which tried an action between Adam Wright and Benjamin Soul, and in September 1692 he was absent from the grand jury. In September 1690 John Sirnons of Duxbury was licensed as an innholder (Plymouth Co Ct Recs, 1:191, 206, 216, 221).
William Pabodie of Little Compton, in his will of 13 May 1707, left only one shilling to his daughter "Mercey" (Bristol Co PR, 2:193-95; MD, 6:132). At the Duxbury town meeting 7 March 1709/10 John Simons Senr was among those who entered their protest against acts made at the January town meeting dividing the town's commons (Duxbury Town Rec, 210).
Marcy Simmons, widow of John Simmons of Duxborough, was appointed administratrix of his estate on 9 February 1715[/16] and gave bond with Moses Simons of Duxbury. A settlement of both real and personal estate was signed 11 February 1715/6 giving widow Mercy a third of both for her lifetime and Moses, the youngest son, all lands, including his mother's thirds at her decease, plus two thirds of the personal estate in exchange for paying the estate's debts and paying "to his six brothers namely John, William, Isaac, Benjamin, Joseph & Joshua & his two sisters Namely Martha the wife of Samuel West & Rebecka the wife of Constant Southworth the sum of two hundread pounds" less "what any of them may have had already of their fathers Estate in his life time." Eldest son John was to have a double share. The settlement was signed by Moses Simmons, John Simmons, William Simmons, Isaac Simmons, Benjamin Simmons, Mercy Simmons (by a mark), Joseph Simmons, Joshua Simmons, Samuel West, Martha West (by a mark), Constant Southworth (by a mark), and Rebecca Southworth. Witnesses were Elizabeth Thomas and Elizabeth Wade. Acknowledgments were made on 11 and 13 February and 1 March 1715/16 (Plymouth Co PR, #18,343, 3:388, 400-01;MD, 19:52-53).
Widow Mercy Simmons of Duxborough made her will 26 September 1728, the witnesses made oath on 8 November 1728, and it was proved at Marshfield on 26 November 1728. The will, witnessed by John Chandler, John Fullarton, and Philip Dilano, names sons John (5s. and all my sheep), William (1s.), Isaac (5s.), Benjamin (5s.), Joseph (5s.), Joshua (5s.); daughters Martha (5s. and "my Riding gown and best pettecoat and whood and Scarf and red Silk neck cloath") and Rebecca (5s. and "my best Riding whood"); and son Moses ("my bed and beding belonging to itt and my cow and all the money not Disposed of"). John and Moses were executors. Inventory was taken 8 November 1728 by John Chandler and Philip Dilano and included "one Third part of the Estate that was in partnership between her and her son Moses," "her own proper Estate to a bed and beding to it," and among personal items "thirteen pound of tobaco" (Plymouth Co PR, #18,371, 5:487-89; MD, 19:53-54).
Children of John and Mercy (Pabodie) SIMMONS, all born at Duxbury, first four recorded there (VR, 156-57):
i. JOHN,4 b. 22 Feb. 1670; m. (1) ABIGAIL RICHMOND, (2)
ii. WILLIAM, b. 24 Feb. 1672; m. ABIGAIL4 CHURCH.
iii. ISAAC, b. 28 Jan. 1674; m. MARTHA CH, poss.
iv. MARTHA, b. 17 Nov. 1677; m. (1) EBENEZER DELANO,
v. BENJAMIN, b. Ca. say 1680; m. (1) LORAH3 SAMSON (No. 209); (2) PRISCILLA4 DELANO (No. 215); (3) HANNAH
vi. JOSEPH, b. Ca. Sept. 1682 (age at death); m. MARY WESTON.
vii. REBECKAH, b. Ca. 1684 (age at death); m. CONSTANT SOUTHWORTH (No. 74).
viii. JOSHUA, b. Ca. June 1688 (age at death); m. SARAH4 DELANO (No. 220).
ix. MOSES, b. Ca. Feb. 1691 (age at death); m. RACHEL4 SAMSON (No. 210). 
Pabodie, Mercy (I120863)
50 "Mr.
died 1 May 1813. AE 68.
Mrs. HANNAH, Wife of Mr.
Timothy Allen, died
3 May 1813. AE.

Our Children dear this place draw near,
Your Parents grave you see;
Not long ago we were with you,
And soon with us you will be." 
Allen, Timothy (I122933)

      1 2 3 4 5 ... 77» Næste»

Webstedet drives af The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding v. 14.0.4, forfattet af Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2024.

Genealogi Website - oprettet og vedligeholdt af John Lynge Copyright © -2024 Alle rettigheder forbeholdes.